What are the Pros and Cons of playing sports or working out SHIRTLESS or SHOELESS?
The primary objective of playing sports or working out is to exercise, sweat, and be comfortable in a safe way. The conventional wisdom and big corporation have convinced us that we need to wear different type of sport apparels in order to be effective and look good in our own skin during sport. Let's analyze that carefully.
Based upon our vast experience running and playing in Co-Ed leagues and Co-Ed drop in games in various cities and countries around the world with ShowUpAndPlaySports, we are going to answer the following questions:
Here are the Pros, benefits, advantages, and positives of playing sports, running or working out shirtless
- What are the pros and Cons of playing games shirtless?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of working out shirtless?
- What are the positives and negatives of running shirtless?
What are the reasons against playing shirtless?
Should playing Sports shirtless be allowed in leagues?
Do professional athletes play shirtless?
- Positive body image
- Shirts can affect the body temperature, stand in the way of playing comfortably.
- When we play shirtless, our body cools down quicker and allows us to boost our stamina.
- Playing or running shirtless makes us feel young, encourages us to exercise more and make us feel good about our body.
- When we are fit, we are tempted to show it off by playing shirtless and it makes us feel good about ourselves.
- Performance Enhancement
- Playing sports or working out shirtless boost performance because you want to prove to the world that you are the alpha.
- Professional boxing and Mixed Martial Arts are performed shirtless and it seems to boost the competitiveness of the fighters.
- Playing shirtless saves us money to buy expensive sport or gym shirts.
- During practice or pick up games, 2 teams can be formed by splitting the players in 2 groups: 1 team playing shirtless and another playing with shirts. This saves the team from buying on another set of shirts of pinnies.
Despite all the nice things said above, Playing shirtless have some disadvantages.
Here are the cons, advantages and negatives of playing sports or working out shirtless:
- Our shirtless body gets in contact with other players and equipment and that can accelerates germs dissemination.
- Our sweat drops on the gym floor or court and smells bad
- Indecent exposure:
- Exposing our torso during the game or at the gym can be seen as indecent from people who are not comfortable with seeing half naked people around them.
- Kids who watch adults playing sports half naked can be uncomfortable.
- Women can be very uncomfortable when they play with or against men who are shirtless and vice versa.
- Playing sports or working out shirtless or barefoot depends on the weather, the playing surface and everyone's comfort level. If it is too hot, it makes sense to play, run or work out shirtless. If playing at beach, it makes sense to play barefoot and shirtless. Playing in cold weather doesn't make any sense to play shirtless or barefoot.
- When I was a kid growing up in tropical weather, I always played soccer and basketball shirtless and those times are still my best memories of my sport life.
- My gift to you:
Here are some other resources about the Pros and Cons of of playing sports shirtless
- Shirtless Sports videos
International Resources and perspectives about playing sport shirtless
Professional Sports that are played shirtless or shoeless or barefoot