What are the top hobbies that make you smarter?
Additional Sources about the top 5 hobbies that make you smarter:
- Exercising ( Play team sports, running, gym, bike , swim) will increase your stamina, make you physically strong , agile, athletic, fit and smarter.
- Reading ( anything from books, news, pamphlets, online, offline, tons of free book at your local library or e-book at Amazon, read whatever, etc.). Just read man!
- Writing (blog, answers on Quora, reddit, website content, contribute thoughtful comments on posts or news articles online, write a book, etc.). Just write man!
- Design, planning and Execution of a task ( anything from cooking, fixing anything, gardening to create a website, whatever useful task you can think of).
- Playing a team sports and scheming to win will develop a healthy body necessary for a healthy mind ( I play, coach, referee and run a soccer league and it makes me smarter every day).
- Walking long distances keeps you fit and makes you think about a lot of stuffs and develop your mind.
- Take transit to work or school gives you time to read, develop social consciousness about riding with many people and makes you street smart.
- Listening to public radio ( local and international non biased news, sports and entertainment). Get a headphone and listen to public radio while walking or riding public transit.
- Playing musical instruments ( guitar, drum, flute, piano, etc.) and trying to make new sounds or music will make you smarter.
- Traveling and discovering new places and different cultures is the ultimate school of life.
- Playing with and loving your kids and try to answer all their questions will make you very smart( my kids always ask why about anything and I have to answer)
- Making friends, keeping friends, be social, be environmentally conscious, volunteering for good causes make you smarter.
- Raising a family makes you smarter (figuring out how to feed your family, keep the peace, love and learn to live with family members in peace and harmony is a tough task that is intellectually and socially rewarding).